1. Tom is proud ____ his progress in Maths.
а) of +
2. The Stones usually eat ___ once or twice a week.
а) out +
3. Don’t give ____ playing the guitar. You are really good at it.
б) up +
4. She was very proud______his achievements.
в) of +
5. It took some time to get accustomed______driving on the left.
6. Mary wanted to arrive______work______time, but her car broke and she was late.
a) at, in
б) in, in
в) at, on +
г) in, on
7. The murderer was sent______prison although his advo¬cate did his best to defend him.
a) to +
8. She has been looking _____ her purse for half an hour but still can’t find it.
в) for +
9. Don’t be angry _____ her. She really didn’t want to hurt you.
в) with +
10. We have been waiting _____ a bus for twenty minutes already.
а) for +
11. I didn’t have any money, I had to borrow some______a friend of mine.
в) from +
12. I am not going out yet. I am waiting______the rain to stop.
13. You should listen _____ your parents’ advise.
в) to +
14. This monument is famous _____ its long history.
б) for +
15. The roof of the house is in a very bad condition. I think we ought to do something______it.
в) about +
16. Do you see that girl over there? Does she remind you ______anyone you know?
a) of +
17. We don’t have any of those designer jeans left. We’re _____ of stock right now but I ordered more and they should be here by next week.
18. I went to the store _____ foot yesterday. I really like taking short walks once in a while.
19. When I saw Mike, I congratulated him_______passing his driving test.
20. It’s not very pleasant when you are accused_______ something you didn’t do.
21. Norman is ______ a lot of pressure at work. He’s responsible for planning the upcoming seminar as well as his regular duties.
22. I need you to tell me what happened ______ detail. I want to know exactly what took place, who was there with you and why it happened.
23. I knew then it was something I wanted to do _____ the rest of my life.
24. Mr. Stone kissed his wife, took his bag and set _____ for London.
а) off +
25. The train arrives _____ the station at 6.30 p.m.
б) at +
26. She was always good _____ Biology. No wonder she decided to become a doctor.
в) at +
27. She was happy to take _____ her shoes at last. Her feet were sore of wearing high heels all day.
в) off +
28. They kept _____ laughing even when the film was over.
в) on +
29. Could you add this up for me? I’m not very quick______ calculating.
30. After days of preparation the hall is ready______the grand opening.